Continued Blog Plans

Lately God has been doing a lot in my house pertaining to faith in Him. There is the potential on this blog that I will often be speaking to a very diverse group of people. Some may already belive in God, some may be interested, and others may think religion and God is a joke. I will let you know that I can sympathize with all three points of view. I have been a part of each of them. I used to argue against God and religion, and did it very well, I was convinced that science was right, and if that were true then God and religion were nothing like people claimed. As God started changing me(thought at the time I did not realize it was Him) I became interested enough to want to look in to it a little. Now, I have no doubt that God is real. However, I still do not agree with much of the theology taught throughout the churches today. When God took hold of me, and I finally looked to Him, it rapidly became apparent that He is the King, and that I was to learn who He was by looking, listening, and learning from Him. He has provided us a written book, that helps, but ultimately one must remember that My King is not a dead God from the past, but a living God from the past, present, and future. I know to some, much of what I say, will not make sense. That is okay. I hope to remedy that throughout the life of this blog. The following scripture verse is included to help understand why I will discuss the things I do.

The Book of Revelation Chapter 12:7-12 states...

7And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.


10Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.

11They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.

12Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short."

If those who overcame Satan, did it by the blood of the Lamb, the word of their testimony, and not loving their lives so much as to shrink from death, then I believe that those are some pretty important things to learn. I plan on discussing all of these as God desires, and as He has taught me. I also plan on showing pictures of archaeological discoveries of the Bible, and photos of places named in the Bible. If you are anything like me you will enjoy seeing what the actual landscape looks like(at least currently) where the scriptures I deal with are taking place.

Comments

Popular Posts