Psalm 117

1 Praise the LORD, all you Gentiles!
Laud Him, all you peoples!
2 For His merciful kindness is great toward us,
And the truth of the LORD endures forever.
Praise the LORD!

God has been giving me this scripture a lot lately. Remember that most of us are Gentiles. We are not the blood descendants of Abraham. Remember that Gods promise to Abraham was that his descendants would outnumber the stars, and the sands on the sea shore. But I want to print the actual scripture... there is more too it!

Genesis 22:15-18
15 Then the Angel of the LORD called to Abraham a second time out of heaven, 16 and said: “By Myself I have sworn, says the LORD, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son— 17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. 18 In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.”

I hope you will go to your Bibles and read what Abraham did here. He was promised a son in his old age, he was given the son the he was promised, then God asked Abraham to sacrifice this child on an alter to God. The Book of Hebrews 11:17-19 said that Abrahams faith in God meant that even if he actually had to kill Isaac on that alter, God would raise him from the dead if that is what it took to be faithful in His promise. Can you imagine!? Yes, God actually commanded a man to kill his own child of promise, and yes the man of God was willing to do it because he trusted the faithfulness and authority of God. That is where we need to be as Christians! Praise the LORD all you Gentiles! Praise the LORD all you nations and peoples!

I often worry about where my breaking point might be. It is scary to think of the things that I could be asked to give up, or lose in my life. What is my price? For this worry, I repent to you God. I ask for forgiveness for my lack of faith and trust in You. I pray my price to be nonexistent, because You and Your ways are ALL that should matter.

Comments

Popular Posts