15th Anniversary!




One day, on this date in the year 2008, I married my best friend. Her name is Haley! We had not known each other all that long really, but within a couple weeks of meeting her I knew I was hooked. That’s a bigger deal than one might think considering my past and my plans to never again get married, never have a shared checking account, and never involve myself with someone who already had a kid. Well, I failed those areas of my life. I knew from God Himself that this beautiful girl was in dire need of someone to lead her to greater places, and I was the man to do it!. So, we got hitched. We are now 15 years into it, and we have had to work really hard at times in both directions. I tell people that there is nobody I know of that I would rather spend my time with than her, and yet marriage is constant work. The only thing I have ever committed too that has been more difficult than marriage is being a Christian. When I say things like this I’m sure many will think that I am mean, or complaining, or that maybe we have a troubled marriage… that could not be further from the truth. I love my wife and will happily walk with her wherever God leads us. I pray we have many more years in front of us! Many of the hardships have been us dealing with ourselves, or getting sidetracked by life, often stuff that was within our control and we chose selfishly. Other things were different and somewhat out of our control, like losing Lexi to suicide.

 

That just plain sucks, and the only way that we were made strong through that time was falling at the feet of our Holy and Mighty God and clinging so tightly that we wouldn’t lose sight of Him. I am convinced of a few things… My wife is a great and wonderful lady, I am absolutely blessed to have her as mine, and I think she is blessed to have me as well. I definitely heard God correctly when He said, “She is the one, marry her.” She is an intelligent human, she is a fighter, and she is a woman to her core! For that, I am beyond grateful. She fulfills the parts of me that are my weak spots, and together we are better than when we are walking alone. Most of the time that is… sometimes it's just learning grace and tolerance for both of us. Strong willed is good for the tasks God has for us, strong willed is also very hard, especially when it’s engrained in both of us. We joke, we laugh, we make beautiful babies, and we can also manage to piss people off as easy as we can become their friends. I pray that if we do nothing else in our lives that somehow she and I do our job to show people the power and authority of God in our successes and in our failures. Mrs. Haley Halleman, I love you very much! Let’s see how far we can take this marriage thing since it seems to be working.





My my God protect and defend us as He sees fit through the battles that lie ahead of us in this world. May He teach us to be obedient children that He loves and can trust to fulfill whatever mission we are called to do. 

Psalms 144:1-15 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle— 2 My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, My shield and the One in whom I take refuge, Who subdues my people under me. 3 LORD, what is man, that You take knowledge of him? Or the son of man, that You are mindful of him? 4 Man is like a breath; His days are like a passing shadow. 5 Bow down Your heavens, O LORD, and come down; Touch the mountains, and they shall smoke. 6 Flash forth lightning and scatter them; Shoot out Your arrows and destroy them. 7 Stretch out Your hand from above; Rescue me and deliver me out of great waters, From the hand of foreigners, 8 Whose mouth speaks lying words, And whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood. 9 I will sing a new song to You, O God; On a harp of ten strings I will sing praises to You, 10 The One who gives salvation to kings, Who delivers David His servant From the deadly sword. 11 Rescue me and deliver me from the hand of foreigners, Whose mouth speaks lying words, And whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood— 12 That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; That our daughters may be as pillars, Sculptured in palace style; 13 That our barns may be full, Supplying all kinds of produce; That our sheep may bring forth thousands And ten thousands in our fields; 14 That our oxen may be well laden; That there be no breaking in or going out; That there be no outcry in our streets. 15 Happy are the people who are in such a state; Happy are the people whose God is the LORD!

Comments

Popular Posts