Jesus Loves You

Ok..So this comes from a discussion I had with a friend recently. He placed a post that says "Jesus loves you" and it made me think. I could see the responses and I could see the people smile in agreement. But I wondered what they really thought it meant. Jesus does love us. He loves us more than we know, and in ways that I don't always understand. However there has been a message taught in the church and the world for quite some time now that causes a garbled translation of this thought. God described it to me as a Jesus puppy. Many Christians treat His love as the love from a perfect little puppy. Because this is a Jesus puppy he doesn't mess on the floor, nor does he chew anything that he is not supposed too. He is a perfect little puppy, and no matter what I do he always wants to be with me, and wrestle, and play, and when I sleep he is right there on my chest loving me. The problem is that the love of God that the Bible and the Holy Ghost teaches is much different. It is based on pure truth, and obedience. My obedience, not His! The God that the Bible and the Holy Ghost reveal is a God of love, but He shows me that He loves me by caring enough to discipline me when I am wrong, giving me lessons about how I can grow up to be more like Him, and, teaching me the importance of judging right and wrong! He is not some cute little pet that we can control and utilize to make us feel good. However He does make me feel good...It just doesn't always fit my expectation.

This leads me to “expectations”… This is a message for a lot of people out there right now. When God speaks to us we generally have a bit of a picture in mind as to what He is going to do. Even if He has given you a promise that you have been standing on for years, a promise from God is a promise from God and He honors ALL His promises, just realize we are coming in to a time where His promises are being brought forth, and they WILL NOT look like most of us have been anticipating. Keep with Him, keep asking and diligently searching!

Comments

Popular Posts