Halloween

It’s that time of the year again and I cannot restrain myself from speaking out against Halloween. I must question why anybody who actually claims to be Christian even remotely celebrates this holiday of Satan. Of all the holidays this one is the most blatantly evil of them all. It is no surprise with the rise of epics such as Twilight, Harry Potter and the love so many have for the horror flicks that we have grown up with that Halloween is such a popular fun holiday. It is fun to dress up in costume, it is fun to get and eat candy, it is fun to gather and celebrate with the typical festive foods and drinks. My problem is not that the world celebrates evil, I expect them too, it is that I am watching many who claim Christ as their savior celebrate the Holiday as well, and even worse I am seeing the “church”, which should be a holy house of prayer, worship, and learning also celebrate the day. Some may call it a harvest party, and if that is true then celebrate it on a different day! I do not believe that dressing up in costume for fun, within itself is evil, I do not believe that eating some candy, or even celebrating is evil either. But don’t do it because the world is doing it around you especially on the day of the dead!!! It is without doubt from the pits of Hell that any Christian or any House of Worship (who believes in Christ) would celebrate this holiday! I have heard many excuses… I had a Christian friend send me a picture of a little kid dressed up as a fire man in a fire truck that came by for some candy. The caption on the picture was “Is this kid evil too?” The kid may or may not have been, I do not know who he was or who his parents are. I did not know if they were Christian or not, and just because he was a child by no means makes him innocent. Unfortunately this Christian man does not agree that my stance on Halloween is correct. They are church goers and even have their kids in a private Christian school, I do not believe that this is just “my” stance, I believe that this is the stance of our GOD in Heaven! The scriptures very clearly back that the celebrating or worshiping of evil is not ok in the eyes of God from Genesis to Revelation. I am not going to put them all in here but please look up the roots of Halloween. Please understand that it is NOT ok to try and make a GOD holiday coincide with and evil holiday so that the Christians have something to celebrate.

Here is a possible response for this day! Do not run and hide, do not shut your lights off and ignore the evil hoping it goes away. Buy the biggest bestsest candy bars you can afford. Write or buy bible tracts! Get stuff that really teaches people who Christ is and why we need to seek Him. Ask to pray with each group of people that come to YOUR house!!! You have the right to respond in a WWJD fashion especially on your own property!!! Pray that the Holy Spirit falls on them and whoever is with them! Show them the love of Christ, ask GOD to teach you something creative to do, but DO NOT CELEBRATE SATAN WITH THEM!!! Use the moment provided when they approach you to show them Jesus! For many this will be the scariest part of their night.

Comments

Popular Posts