It's Time to Get Over Yourself!



John 12:42-43 Yet there were many Jewish leaders who believed in Jesus, but because they feared the Pharisees they kept it secret, so they wouldn’t be ostracized by the assembly of the Jews. For they loved the glory that men could give them rather than the glory that came from God!


Much of what I write is written to myself. God puts me through a lesson and I in turn send that lesson out to others hoping that the Holy Spirit may be drawing those with similar struggles to read what I put down.  This one will be short ... are you truly willing to be ostracized to have opportunity to bathe in the glory of God? Most who claim Christianity would say yes, but your actions done in faith will be the determining factor. In what circles are you less likely to make a bold Christian stand. Are you afraid of the government or your boss? Maybe a coworker holds wildly different views and so you quietly try to be less intrusive by not opening your mouth. Though there are definitely times to remain quiet, there are also times when speaking your testimony is the desire of the Holy Spirit. DO NOT LET FEAR STOP YOU! Even the Apostles who walked with Jesus Himself prayed for boldness and courage!


One quick story. For three months after Lexi died I was so close to God that I have prayed to be in that place again, ideally without the added tragedy that seemed to be the catalyst that took me there. God has since shown me why I was there. The loss was painful and I turned fully to Him. Neither my image nor “the little things” seemed to matter anymore. The term “Don’t cry over spilled milk” dominated me and I gave my all in surrender to God. That level of surrender brought the face of God very close to me. The face of God brought peace, love, and Holy power. It was a good place to be! I want to go there again! I liked being that close to God and miss that place. God once told me I had the ability to go there without tragedy being the driving force but I was currently unwilling to surrender to that level. That is a sad place to be and it is 100% my fault! I don’t feel bad telling you this, I do not know many people who are there now and many never have been. I want you to find this place! I want to once again find this place! That just means that I can’t be in control nor can you. 


I was given a very clear set of dreams in my life. One of those dreams began a succession that began before I was saved. I will not go in to great detail on it now because I plan on writing it in its entirety in the near future. That dream clearly showed me in a place where I was once not part of the river of God. I then became part of the flow but was given initial grace in my ability to have a bit more control over my life. The next scene was slightly less control, then I would face the impossible and no longer have the ability to control the full direction of my life. God is now calling me to let Him run the show. He always has been, but now is the time of some new testing. I can not walk this walk or live a Christian life on my own power. This does not mean that I shun my responsibility to make decisions to become a better Child of God. This means that I will be challenged to do what is impossible in my flesh and it will require my full trust and submission in Him to do it. This is not an easy task for me, but it is a task that I desire and in the end believe that I will accomplish in Him. I pray that you and I are willing to die to "self" and to our past baggage. Allow the Holy Spirit to dwell with, and in you! Do the impossible by following Him! It’s not going to be easy for most of you, we will all be challenged! It is time to stand up!


Comments

Popular Posts