There is Something Brewing Just Around the Corner


This will be short and simple. 
 I support the freedom of choice as it pertains to ones physical life and the lives of their offspring as long as it supports life and not the taking of that life. This is Biblical AND this is Constitutional. Here is a major problem that I have been seeing for many years that is now clearly coming in to play. Over the past decade of changes there has been a major political degradation of constitutional rights and it has come disguised in the name of “constitutional rights” for the oppressed. We have allowed special protected classes of people to be defined in politically motivated laws. Special classes allow for sexual orientation, gender, race, religion, and the like to be legally defined and given “special” rights and protections that are exclusive to them and not to people other than them. Both the Bible and the Constitution support equal freedoms for all and not for one class or group of people. This became very evident in an argument being made recently condemning those standing against vaccinations, specifically the COVID SARS2 MRNA shot. The statement was that the people who work for a business that mandates the vaccine have no grounds to fight it since one who does not want the shot is NOT a protected class. The individual making the argument went on to define, as we have done politically already, that which makes you a protected class. They clearly stated that those who do not want this invasive procedure have nothing that should protect them from a mandate. 


My argument, and the argument of a free people, is and should be, that we are all a protected class! Politically, because we are Americans who are citizens of the United States, and morally/ethically because we are humans/children of a Holy God. Biblically, all humans should be loved and cared for even if they are trying to do you or your neighbors harm or evil. We are commanded by Jesus to do good to our enemy, pray for them, and love them. The difference in treatment to those trying to do you harm or evil is that we still have rights endowed by our Creator to defend our lives, and the lives of those entrusted to us, and we must decide what that will look like even if it may result in violence leading to the injury or death of the perpetrator. I do not want to see more death, but when it comes, and it will, I would prefer that the death is of the attacker, and not me or my family! 


The downfall of “special rights” is division. Special rights to any specific group is a problem that will result in many more problems. In the name of equality we create classes. Human nature will always try to strengthen their identity within their “class” and find ways to solidify their class as something better than another’s. I do not consider myself nor valuable, or more loved by God, than another person even if I disagree with their politics, or lifestyle. Even if I do not like their culture I do not believe I am a more valuable human. When I do have those feelings, and I definitely find them creeping in at times, I also find that God will quickly show it to me as pride... a trait that He does not approve of! 


All the above being said, I still have a moral standard that must be my life’s goal. This is a simple concept when I am the sole person I am responsible for. This can be much trickier when an outside force such as friends, family, employers, or my government, are asking me to allow violations of that standard with strings of punishment or sanctions are attached. God has set the standard that I will choose to follow as the correct path of human and spiritual life! 

Comments

Popular Posts