Do you find Joy in Tribulation?


 

On May 21st of 2022 I had an encounter with God. For four days leading up to that date I had a lesson presented to me from the Holy Ghost. I had been dealing with depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts, feelings, and ideations for 5 years or so prior to this date. At times it was overwhelming and I truly felt like I was going crazy. I even planned on ending my life a couple times. That time period was very dark to me but there was always a glimmer of Light in the distance that would catch my eye and keep me going. The Hand of God protected me many times and this was another of many such instances. On day 1 of those four days leading to my encounter I was asked by God why I would always complain and whine whenever I was tested and tried. My answer was simple and honest, because those trials and tribulations are painful and difficult and they generally suck. I tend to not enjoy them very much as you might have guessed in my answer. God took me to scripture and told me to change. 

James 1:2-3 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.

Well, I definitely was not counting it as joy when I was tested! I repented to God for not dealing with my tests well, and I apologized again for not recognizing that my trials and tribulations were necessary for the literal answers to my prayer of "Make me a better Christian!" How could I expect to gain strength without resistance? Repentance means to recognize my own fault against God, apologize to Him and then move on in the right direction... Ideally, never looking back! 

Who are you when you are tested, when your weaknesses are exposed, when you are pulled to spiritual places and hear a thousand tempting but ungodly directions to walk. When your greatest sins are calling and seem to be the only place you can find peace. Plug in to Jesus, let Him baptize you with the Spirit of God, find wisdom and patience, and whatever else He wants to show you. Walk in it, find your cross, carry it, and die well.

And just for the sake of the two or three of you the read this blog, on May 21, the Spirit of God came to me and took 100% of that Depression, Anxiety, and the associated demonic suicidal stuff off of me. Ill talk about the three other days of lessons later... God is good... Really really good!

Comments

Sarah DeFur said…
Remember that day you blew the shofar horn up where Lexi committed suicide.? I remember. I also remember you saying I’ve just literally pissed off a multitude of demons…. That came to my mind as I was reading how you were surrounded by all those demonic things…..
Kelly and Haley said…
Sarah, I do remember that moment very well, and I remember feeling the spirits get stirred. I would not have done that if not led by God to do so. I had two back to back suicides in 2017 that I responded to. There were aspects of them that touched areas of Lexi's death that opened doors that I needed to right with God in order to shut them. For some stupid reason I felt like I was bothering Him and could do it my self. At that moment things got really tough. I heard the devil that spoke to Lexi and this time he was speaking to me. I believe God let me experience this for many reasons but one major one was to see the damage that is caused by walking away at this stage of my walk with Him. It was terrible!
GoF yaself EU! said…
Kelly, I remember as well that day clearly. It really stuck in my mind. Satan has an incredible patience and is happy to demean you as a person until the time is right to launch a very real and effective attack. I have seen it in my life, and would have likely missed it had it not been for your help and guidance in seeking God. It is a little unnerving and a little comforting to know he is still working so diligently to get at you. I guess you have caught his attention. I am sorry to hear the ugly things he is whispering in your ear, but so grateful God is in the other ear and your heart to heart keeping you protected and connected. Knowing he never gives up, and neither does God is an amazing thing to know in the core of your being. I know so many who would give anything to know he is even real, and yet hear you sit , basking in his love and support. Amazingly aware of his deep involvement in your everyday life. Thank you for sharing your trials and victories with the rest of us humble sinners. It is pretty good club to be in. Love you and your family.

Popular Posts