Random Population BS


This is quick and to the point from a very basic level... It still proves a point for me.


There are just under 3 million square miles of land in the continental United States. This is land and has eliminated water such as rivers and lakes. 


Currently we have just over 8 Billion people on the planet. I am rounding up to 10 billion just to make this more clear and make the math easier. I’m using a calculator so…. I am literally adding 2 billion people to the equation!


If I divide the worlds population in to a land density calculation of people per square mile I get 3,333 people per square mile. Spokane Washington is 3300 people per square mile. If I leave the calculation at 8 billion people, the number would be 2,666 per square mile the same as Boise Idaho. 


The world is far from overpopulated! 


I get that there are many issues with the simplification of my numbers. But imagine if I opened up the land mass of Canada and Mexico, basically N. America. The population density would be 1052 per square mile. Less than Bonners Ferry Idaho if I use the 10 Billion number, and 842 per square mile if I use the 8 billion. 


This would still leave over 47 million square miles of uninhabited (by humans) of land remaining unused on earth. I utilized 9.5 million square miles for N America. This means there would be 5x the volume of remaining land. 


We are not overpopulated! 

Comments

Popular Posts